Or, if you prefer “Cash App” you can use: https://cash.me/$Lifeprint
Or use Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/ASLU
The ASL Vocabulary Expansion Series:
Learn American Sign Language with Dr. Bill Vicars of “ASL University” (Lifeprint.com) as he discusses a variety of signs with his awesome assistant “Alex” who is studying to become an interpreter for the Deaf.
Want to order a USB drive with four semesters worth of ASL instruction? (ASL 1, ASL 2, ASL 3, and ASL 4) for $79.95?
See “SuperUSB” in the ASLUniversity bookstore at:
For free ASL lessons check out:
For a great “100 First ASL Signs” resource, see:
To learn basic fingerspelling see https://youtu.be/va1aAXpVr2w
Instructor Bio, see:
Take care and love to you all.
– Dr. Bill
Latest ASLU Upload: Vocabulary Expansion Series 31
Intended audience: Individuals who have completed Lessons 1 through 60
Prerequisites: None but for best results students will have basic conversational ASL skills and receptive fingerspelling skills.
1. TWIRL (3 versions)
Go on a whirlwind trip
TRAVEL general version
Journey Traveling along, Travel to
2. TORNADO (2 versions)
3. BALLET (3 versions)
4. FIGURE SKATE
high context = skating but in context can drop the last part of the sign and it is understood example at a figure skate meet
high context version = ballet
low context version
7. BINDER (2 versions)
in context book
have same thought vs shared understanding
great minds think alike
1. EUROPE YOU TRIP-[travel around] BEFORE YOU? 8:09
NEVER vs NOT YET
2. TORNADO TEND-to HAPPEN WHERE? 9:24
3. WATCH BALLET, YOU ENJOY YOU?
4. FIGURE SKATING OR-[body shift] BALLET, YOU THINK HARDER WHICH? 10:40
5. SMOOTHIE DRINK YOU PREFER what-KIND? 13:50
cherry (2 versions)
strawberry (4 versions)
banana (3 versions)
6. DONKEY YOU RIDE-[animal] BEFORE YOU? 20:56
7. YOU STILL USE BINDER FOR SCHOOL YOU? 22:40
throw into a jumble
8. YOU BECOME PRESIDENT SOMEDAY YOU THINK CHANCE PERCENT WHAT? 23:57
president of something
9. YOU LIKE BET YOU? 25:50
10. YOU THINK TELEPATHY TRUE-BIZ QM-wig?