The ASL Vocabulary Expansion Series:
Learn American Sign Language with Dr. Bill Vicars of “ASL University” (Lifeprint.com) as he discusses a variety of signs with his awesome assistant “Rach” who is an IPP (Interpreter Preparation Program) student.
Want to order a USB drive with four semesters worth of ASL instruction? (ASL 1, ASL 2, ASL 3, and ASL 4) for $79.95?
See “SuperUSB” in the ASLUniversity bookstore at:
For free ASL lessons check out:
For a great “100 First ASL Signs” resource, see:
To learn basic fingerspelling see https://youtu.be/va1aAXpVr2w
Instructor Bio, see:
Take care and love to you all.
– Dr. Bill
Vocabulary Expansion Series (24)
07. nursing home
08. Batman (currently recommended version)
09. Wonder Woman (currently recommended version)
1. Do you like halibut?
2. Have you had food poisoning before?
3. How many sit-ups can you do?
4. How can the ecosystem be protected?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. Do you like playing Bingo?
7. Does your grandma live in a nursing home?
8. If Batman and Wonder Woman fought who would win?
9. How old is Wonder Woman?
10. What causes a reflection?
Also appearing in this lesson:
1-handed sign for PAH!
1-handed version of BINGO
CITIZEN Version 1 = client
CITIZEN Version 2 (near upper-non-dominant side of chest)
CITIZEN vs character vs cop 1&2
citizen: SENIOR CITIZEN
compounded version of nursing home
date / dating
desert: ESCAPE run away elope
desert: everybody LEAVE
desert: HOT DRY PLACE-[area]
PAH!: Finally! At last! Did it!
reflection (pun version)
reflect upon mull over think about ponder
reflection bounce back version
reflection shine off of flat surface